YOUTH TAKES THE BATON FOR A GREEN FUTURE 14th-18th SEPT, 2015

Who said a child cannot take care and nurture another; well it has been such an amazing week of adopting a tree. #youth baton has been running an “Adopt a Tree Week” campaign concurrently with youths in Burkina Faso, Mali, Mozambique and Kenya seeking to emphasize the importance of trees in schools and the general environment. Each student was given a chance to adopt a tree and taken through the process of planting and nurturing it to its full growth.
                    

Given the tremendous Deforestation in Kenya, The campaign was aimed at instilling into the students at an early age the environmental importance of planting trees around us. The campaign was not restricted only to schools but also institutions like churches, organizations and individuals. The exercise was conducted in partnership with Kenya Forest Service-KFS (Samuel Wachira) and Umande Trust who coordinated the whole 5 day event. Mr. Samuel wachira, the Langata and Kibra sub-county KFS representative, took the time to educate us on the dos and don’ts of
successfully planting and nurturing a tree seedlings. Some of the schools that fully participated and embraced the campaign were Anwa Primary, Mashimoni Squarters, Makina Primary, Glory Primary, St. Christine, Desert Stream Primary and PCEA Silanga High School.
 The students were excited and passionate about the idea of adopting and owning a tree. They were ready and happy to be present and future “tree ambassadors.” In the long run, the schools, churches and communities will enjoy a cool ambience, oxygen, shade and general serene environment. The “Adopt a Tree” campaign was fully successful having planted 800 trees and with every individual ready to take the baton for a green future.

Written By: Lilian Waka

Comments

  1. IT WORKS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! JUST LOCATE AN ATM MACHINE!!!
    Hello Everyone!! I am Clare. I live in Chicago,USA. I'm 37 years old,I got my Blank ATM Card from Alexander last week to withdraw up to $4,000 daily and now I have used the card to withdraw about $90,000 for free. I was reluctant in purchasing this Blank ATM Card I heard about online,but I was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got the card from an online hacker and we both confirmed it really works. Without delay I gave it a go. Ever since then my life changed and money has been in my own account. So glad I got my card it truly works and made me rich!! If you need this card don't hesitate to contact Alexander on his email: alexanderhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT WORKS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! JUST LOCATE AN ATM MACHINE!!!
    Hello Everyone!! I am Clare. I live in Chicago,USA. I'm 37 years old,I got my Blank ATM Card from Alexander last week to withdraw up to $4,000 daily and now I have used the card to withdraw about $90,000 for free. I was reluctant in purchasing this Blank ATM Card I heard about online,but I was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got the card from an online hacker and we both confirmed it really works. Without delay I gave it a go. Ever since then my life changed and money has been in my own account. So glad I got my card it truly works and made me rich!! If you need this card don't hesitate to contact Alexander on his email: alexanderhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Local NGO combats insufficient sanitation in Kibera

Bio-gas lighting at Kayaba Ushirika wa Usafi na Maendeleo (Kuum B); Mukuru Settlement

Voices of the Caretakers: Joseph