Budalangi Market Biocentre Launch in Busia county

The first ever Bio Centre in Western Kenya was formally opened at Budalangi market on Monday by Busia Governor Sospeter Ojaamong.
The Sh2.7 million project is a partnership with the County Government of Busia pioneered by Bunyala North Ward. The Market Authority and area MCA Fred Musirimba secured the construction site.
The Bio-sanitation facility will provide decent and affordable sanitation services and produce biogas for domestic use at local hotels and nearby households.
The bio-slurry fertilizer generated will be used for agro-forestry and greening the area. The centre will ensure that human waste in ablution blocks are turned into wealth by producing gas through bio-digester systems and producing fertilizer as a by-product.
Speaking after the official launch, Ojaamong said the bio-sanitation is premised on the need to close the loop in the waste management process, thus turning waste into a resource.
” The project will save many problems . The two toilets and urinal for men, bathroom and shops available will help greatly the huge population that operates businesses and those who visit the market for business and other ventures,” he said.
Ojaamong said his government will build similar projects in market centres across the county, adding that his government was addressing pressing challenges facing county residents especially water and decent markets in some centres.
The Senior Advisor Umande Trust, Josiah Omotto who represented the organization which won  the contract to construct the centre said 68 similar centres have been built in Nairobi, seven in Muranga, three in Nakuru, nine in Kisumu and one each in Homa Bay and Lodwar courtesy of UNHCR.
Omotto appealed to Bunyala residents to invest in waste by using the facility’s toilets to make bio-gas generation a reality. Musirimba said he would partner with the facility management committee to sponsor the first investors to have them use the toilets at no fee as a sign of his commitment to wealth creation by his people.
William Misati fromUmande trust  headquarters in Nairobi said there are 80 bio centres in Kenya, adding that the centre will recoup its Sh2.7m investment in five years.





Comments

  1. IT WORKS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD!! JUST LOCATE AN ATM MACHINE!!!
    Hello Everyone!! I am Clare. I live in Chicago,USA. I'm 37 years old,I got my Blank ATM Card from Alexander last week to withdraw up to $4,000 daily and now I have used the card to withdraw about $90,000 for free. I was reluctant in purchasing this Blank ATM Card I heard about online,but I was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got the card from an online hacker and we both confirmed it really works. Without delay I gave it a go. Ever since then my life changed and money has been in my own account. So glad I got my card it truly works and made me rich!! If you need this card don't hesitate to contact Alexander on his email: alexanderhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Local NGO combats insufficient sanitation in Kibera

Bio-gas lighting at Kayaba Ushirika wa Usafi na Maendeleo (Kuum B); Mukuru Settlement

Voices of the Caretakers: Joseph